Friday, November 04, 2005

the madness continues...


Another Unfortunate Series of Events

well...here goes. i decided to bike today. the weather is nice and i decided to be a man and bike home in the dark. i awake to hoarse talking children. i go to walgreens to get some medicine for my daughter. i have serious been to walgreens three times in the span of two days. i go over there at 7. the world must be sick or they did not receive a shipment of their medicine. they were running super low on everything. i could not get a medicine that was for a cough and a sore throat. i browse thru all their medication and nothing. tons of other medicine for other symptoms. i decide to make one last overview of the children section of medicine. i kid you not...the one for cough and sore throat jumped out at me. i could have sworn that it was not there before. i take it and run and make sure it works without making my daughter drowsy.
pay for the item and run home.

i get home and give her the medicine. i get my clothes ready and then i also get my lunch ready. i brush my teeth. grab my bookbag and head towards the back. get my back and walk out the back of the house thru the porch. i walk towards the front via the side walkway. and then get this...i pause. yes, i totally pause before leaving. i actually was walking kind of slow too. my subconcious was giving my brain a chance to remember that i forgot my bike locks.

im biking down ogden without a care in the world. i'm even making good time. my body welcomes the exercise. se siente bien manejar mi burra. i think, "it is going to be a good day." i get to my office. i go by the bike rack and take out my keys for the locks. i open the bookbag and to my surprise. there are no bike locks to be found. i flashback to the moment i take out the locks to put my clothes into the bookbag. i never put them back into the bookbag. i laugh out loud. yes...i laugh out loud. pienso," ¡que idiota soy!" i proceed to decir maldiciones. vencido decido que voy a meter la burra. the building manager spots me, "Hey...you can't bring in the bike!" Another onslaught of maldiciones, in my head, of course. I beg and plead to no avail. He points to the door. I start to panick. It is 8:01am. I start at 8:30. I'm thinking it can't get any worse.

i call my wife to see if she can bring them to me. i know she will not be able to bring them to me. she does not answer. Damn!!! i call my mother to ask if my dad has any bike locks. she proceeds to tell me that she will look and bring what ever they have. she finds a weird looking twisty chain of sorts and a chain link. tell her to bring whatever she has and then start the ackward wait for my mom to get to my office. the waiting game of sticking out like a sore thumb. this is my own mental thoughts. i do not belong here. various co-workers give me a weird look as they come into my office. this is the most uncomfortable feeling. i hate having to explain the situation a million times. so...i decide to not look like me. hahahaha!!! i know, i read it. my mom gets here to save the day. i thank her profusely. she also bring me jugo de zanahoria. juice she made herself with her extractor. it was ok. not exactly what i wanted for breakfast, but you have to love her for it. after i chain up the bike i run to my office.

it is 8:31am. i start to unpack all my things and decide i am just going to get dressed into my work clothes. it can't get any worse, right? wrong. i forget my black dress shoes. again, i start to laugh. this day has been a series of unfortunate events. one right after the other. needless to say, i am hoping the big boss does not see me with gym shoes. she is really picky about how we should dress. we have to be presentable to the nines. i never really understood that statement, but there it is. i hope your days are better than this. after all it is sunny out there. hasta la proxima aventura bloggeros.

1 Comments:

Blogger sonrisa morena said...

oh santis!!! sorry about your morning but i just had to laugh when i read that you forgot your shoes...hasta te imagine riendote de ti mismo!!!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home