Tuesday, October 25, 2005

repeat: not a good day for cycling

i did not bike to work, yesterday. it was too cold for that. i was determined to bike in today. i checked the forecast and it was going to rain. i thought, "it will only be raining a little if at all". guess what? it was not raining a little. about midway to work it started to rain a little harder. there was also construction and there was some filming crew over by Mount Sinai. I was yelling at myself all the way here. I should have drove in. Of course, me being the stubborn man that I am. i decided to bike in. yeah, yeah!!! i know. i feel better today than i did on monday. it could have been i was having a bad case of the mondays.

here is a question for you bloggers. is being a religious person bad? here is the reason why i ask. i know as a christian or follower of Jesus. there is more scrutiny on us. people are more willing to say," well...look at him. no que muy santo?" he should not be drinking, smoking, swearing, looking, thinking outside the box, or what ever criticism that has been hurled at us. we are after all human. we are not saints. we do not have it easier than the rest because Jesus is on our side. if anything it is harder, because we have to abide by all these rules. the worst part, for me, is that i question and often break the rules. i never was very good at following rules. as you can tell by previous posts.

i was talking with a friend about this on sunday. i love this friend very much. she does not judge me or put on a facade with me. she is honest and true. she is not very religous and i respect this. i was explaining to her that that is why I use filter or filtro. por que my mente filtra todo lo que escucha y todo lo que lee. no tomo lo que me dicen and blindly follow it. sometimes i wish i could. life would be a lot easier. to be a mindless drone and walk around obeying orders. although you see a lot of these people in the world. i believe they go and fight a war that is not justified. but...i digress. actually, let me end my rant on this note. i have tons to say about this topic, but i need to focus here at work.

2 Comments:

Blogger sonrisa morena said...

dude you biked today!!! good for you :-) about your question, if it works for you then nothing else should matter ;-)

12:27 PM  
Blogger Mariposatomica said...

Religion is like biking and riding in the rain with construction. Do what makes you happy y ya. Humans have a tendency to make things harder than it has to be. It's our nature...

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home