Thursday, October 13, 2005

houston we have lift off

Update on the solo flight...it seems God or the Universe heard my call. No solo flight necessary!! It was not scheduled either. Okay, moving on.

I have been having lunch with Local Girl. Usually this is a good thing. I enjoy her company. There are things about her that annoy me. I think this can be said of anyone. It can be said of myself as well. I recognize this. For example, Local Girl and I can never agree on something. She always has to argue the opposite of what I think. I like to debate, but it can get on your nerves after a while. The last time we argued was about water. How water is in everything and she does not need to drink water. I was arguing that you need to have actual water in your diet. I mean pure water. A cup of water. Just because you have coffee does not count as water. She was defiant to the death. I ceased fire. I told her that she has her opinion about things and I have mine.

Well...yesterday, she dealt the final blow. I was expressing my concern with routine and how I want to be different personality wise. I want to be the flaming hot guy next door. I am aware that I am married. I'm not saying I want to be unfaithful. I just want to be the guy girls want. The sexy guy that makes every girls day. I mean who does not want to be that guy or that girl. It is part of who we are. Instead I am the guy girls think of as their gay friend who is straight. I know it sounds complicated. She was like what is wrong with you. Why are you even thinking that way? We spent the last 45 min of our lunch arguing that this is not normal. She gave me examples of how her fiancee does not think like that. She explained that her fiancee is her soul mate. Apparently, I have some serious issues with relationships and my head is not right because I am thinking like this. Besides you are married and you can't think like that. I was like hold the phone...I do not feel like it is wrong. There is nothing wrong with wanting some of the fairer sex to look at you and want you. I think this is perfectly normal. I understand the boundaries I have on my plate. I am married after all. I respect the boundaries. She reacted like I was trying to get into her pants. It was quite unsettling. It also hurt because she told me that I would be that guy that gets rejected and would then just hang out long after I have been rejected. I do not quite understand why this hurt, but it did. I believe I have never approached her on any sort of level apart from being just a friend. I have not made a pass at her. I have not said hey lets go into this closet and make out. I believe she took it very personally. It is a very often and recurring thing with her. I believe this is probably 95% of the reason why we argue about different things. I have come to the realization that she is very close-minded. It is kind of sad. I always pictured her as the open minded individual. Oh well...se la vi!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Congrats on the lift off!
As far as the other stuff, "local girl" is wrong and/or nuts.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to be desired, it's a natural human emotion/desire that everybody has. It doesn't mean you're a bad husband or not good at relationships... keep in mind that this is the same person who argued that she doesn't have to drink water, so her arguements aren't necesarily [a] valid, or [b] coherent.
I've been the harmless friend to girls my whole life and it can be frustrating at times, so i know how you feel.
It's not that you want to or would cheat at all. It's just that it would be nice to hear a girl say "I want Santiago," instead of "I want a guy LIKE Santiago."
I feel you man.

10:15 AM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

the Universe does listen :)

and i agree with you...i don't think there's something wrong with how u feel about wanting to be desired

heck i've felt that way too. I want to be the woman guys look at and think "she's HOT". Not sure i'm that now. Not like i want tons of guys after me...because i don't. but it is nice when u can see that u make guys do a double take when ur walking or driving in the city.

One of my pet peeves of hanging out with my childhood guy friends was they were always drooling at any girl that walked on by. I never got any compliments from them.....althou they were fun to play basketball/softball with....they made me feel so ugly because i was just a friend.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm, careful with local girl. something tells me she wants you to hit on her.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Joel said...

good call chancla!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home