Thursday, September 29, 2005

me duele y dichos de familia

my stomach is in pain. it is on a roller coaster and the rest of me is not willing to go with it. me la pase vomitando the pad thai from the night before. el dolor empezo two mornings ago. it was faint and ever so dull. i thought power thru it. lets move on. aprieta el cinturon and lets go. pense que habia dominado el dolor. me tome mi cafe con leche en la mañana con un panzito muy rico. i finished and expected to be in the bathroom the next 10 mins. nothing...this is good. so i continue with my day. i go here, make calls, and go to meetings. meeting about time management. im thinkning i have not time for this meeting. more like i really do not want to be there. todo el dia me siento que a cual quier minuto se me va soltar la panza como dice mi abuela. it was horrible. it was like a terrible little rumble all day.

mi familia fue a ver los cachorros en wrigley field. it was cool. mi hija nunca habia hido a un juego de los Cubs. se divertio. mientras yo me estoy aqui pelusquiando como dice mi tia. mi familia creo que le gusta invertar palabras para expresar emociones distintas. it is nice because it is something unique. la vieja nunca le parece. pero ni modos. fui a mcd's para lunch. despues de una doble chesseborger con un refresco muy frio. nada. pero el dolor alli estaba. jugando conmigo. se me viene y se me va.

bueno al fin, despues de corre pa' aqui y corre pa' ya. i needed to get to the tailors. i bought some pants and drove in the hellish rain. it was nice. the rain i wish i could have enjoyed it. instead, i was annoyed. annoyed at the slow drivers. at the fact that Sorrentino's closes at 6. i mean come on ppl. it is just a little water. yes, kids, i got to the tailors on time. the poor man was eating a sandwich and i felt terrible interrupting his dinner. he measured me quick and i left in like three minutes. i felt that sense of accomplishment.

when i got home. i watched the pre-taped Supernatural. waiting for the family. they were in gridlock traffic coming over from wrigleyville. love the area, hate the traffic. the misses went on some errand and picked up some thai food. thai food rocks, but there is nothing like Thai Bowl on taylor and morgan. we ate did our homework. surfed the net. talked on-line. shuffled around the house. went to bed. it was like midnight. of course...why would my stomach start to have full blown pain at 324am in the morning. i woke up from a dream. a dream about the same stomach pain and having to talk to a client and make like the pain is not there. i get up and went to the bathroom. i'm still in denial. it is ok. take care of business try to go back to bed. my stomach has other plans. i am stuggling with the pain. este dolor que te seca hasta los huesos. al fin, i ended up take some alka seltzer and eventually throwing up. waking up the misses. i felt terrible that she was up. i was kind of glad too. i was shaking and starting to get a little scared. she heated up a tortilla para ponermela en mi panzita. it helped pero todavia tuve que ir al baño dos o tres veces. me senti tan debil. que sentia que me hiba ir por la taza del baño.

finally mi cuerpo descanzo. me pude dormir como a las 430 am. i should have called in sick to work. pero tenia una junta that i arranged. me senti mal. how am i going to make this meeting and then cancel it. me dio pena. so aqui estoy sufriendo. 339pm en mi oficina que no aguanto este dolor. me hace arder hasta mis manos. bueno espero que everyone else is doing a whole lot better. damn these phones..........

3 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

I don't know about Thai food. Every time I hear someone talk about it, the story always ends with extensive toilet time and regret!
I have that same issue with calling in sick. I can't do it even when I know I should. Me da pena.

10:37 AM  
Blogger sonrisa morena said...

hope you feel better :-( dude you should have called in sick!!! AND Thai Bowl is the greatest!!!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Santiago said...

yes, thai food is the greatest!!! sorry, dcnationals for the misunderstanding. i was not sick because of the thai food. i was sick in the morning. i would still recommend it if you have not tried it.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home