Monday, November 07, 2005

Blah Monday




las cosas que hago por mis hijos. i am not catholic and yet i have attended two masses. my son is an altar server at St. Mary of Czestochowa. i know that is a mouthful. i keep hoping that this feat will earn me some brownie points with the man upstairs. i know it does not, but it is nice to hope. i usually try to pray and follow the mass and all the goings on. i just feel weird. it feels like i am living a double life.

i also had to clean up vomit for my son. he did not make it to the toilet. instead he opted for the bathroom sink. it was nice. here i am cleaning up my bathroom at about 1am in the morning. my son is okay. he just throws up whenever he eats a lot in the evening and then goes to bed. it is like his digestive system revolts against him.

i have all these poems i would like to write, but i do not have pen and paper when i am thinking of them. all i have is the emotions left over from the thought process. i am usually driving with my kids or on my bike. oh well..se la vi!!

4 Comments:

Blogger sonrisa morena said...

santis, you're such a great dad!!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

reason #216 I'm not sure I'm ready to be a father... vomit.
I don't know if I could handle it. I'm positive that I couldn't do poopy diapers. I have trouble cleaning a litter box, so I diapers are probably out of teh question.

9:02 AM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

i felt like a heathen at my friend's wedding....haven't been there (my old parish) in such a long time...but i still have a relationship with God.

about ur boy...maybe he has GERD...so it helps to make sure he isn't eating too close to bedtime...should have at least 2 hours before bedtime...and eating too much at one time will cause regurgitation...vomiting. Like adults..kids also need to learn NOT to overeat...it is so easy to have one too many slices...spoonfuls.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

sonrisa- thanks. it is hard sometimes because they frustrate you. i do not want to be like some parents that are so hands off. we shall see what the teenage years will have in store for me.

dcnationals - it is not all bad. there are moments that they smile or say something hilarious that makes it all worth it. for example, my son used to hate getting into the shower at the age of like 2. he would get naked and as i was turning on the water. he would run out the door and hide. i would have to chase him around the house. it was cute. we have a photo of this moment.


Dr. Vodka - we tell him not to eat after a certain hour or not to eat so much. he probably hates us for it and we always remind him about it the throwing up part. this usually works. there are occasion when he forgets and we forget too.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home