Friday, January 20, 2006

ever dance with the devil by the pale moon light

i almost died this morning. i was driving down kostner. this trucker moved over to the right lane. i move over to the left to go around him. well...the damn trucker decides to come back to the left lane and nearly forces me into a bridge median. i gunned my little cars engine and thank God the little Paseo responded. i barely missed the damn median and there was oncoming traffic. the funny thing is i did not get scared or anything. it was just a near hair splitting seconds death experience. i guess.

7 Comments:

Blogger sonrisa morena said...

santis!!! i love your screen!!!! AND i'm glad you are okay ;-)

2:35 PM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

i luv the new background....thank God you are okay :)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

kudos on the new background... and that is always my biggest fear when passing a trucker... glad you're okay.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

sonrisa- i'm glad u like the screen. i took this picture of the moon. can u believe it!! and thanks for the concern.

hector- yeah i do not like that area either, but i was by kostner and roosevelt by the abandoned factories. had to get my fix. j/k.

dr.V- i am still stunned that i took the picture. it looks a little macabre. it was a nice moon. I'm glad I am okay too. I would never get to meet you and that would be sad.

dcn- my little Paseo has saved me time and time again. i have to take care of her. she has been giving me some trouble lately. damn those truckers!!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i like the new background too. glad your ok.

3:12 PM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

WOW! You took the photo in the background! That looks Beautiful...WOW. It really came out wonderful...it's hard photographing the elusive moon (when u don't have NASA-like equipment).

9:56 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

CC- thanks. imagine if i had the equipment to photograph the moon better.

Dr. V- I was surprised myself. Although it took me about 10-15 min and tons of shots in the parking lot of Chili's to get it right. I was playing around with the manual settings on my camera. Imagine what I can do with some filters and telescopic lenses

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home