Monday, January 09, 2006

Hopeless or just a Romantic

Are these two words the same? or maybe only one of these words exist? I have been on a John Cusack roll. I have watched the new Must Love Dogs, Grosse Point Blank, Serendipity, and Say Anything. I just can't seem to get enough of this guy. He is totally hilarious and the embodiment of me. I know that has got to be a bold statement.
You can not go wrong with any of his movies. Even the ill fated American Sweethearts was a good movie. You get great lines from John Cusack like "I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I'm my own entourage!" I just don't get it. I know I will eventually get over this "I think John Cusack Rules!" thing. Maybe the fact that I was in the same room with him in the Late 80's. One thing I do have to say is that he is a good actor. He has done other movies and has done a really good job. Ok have to go back to work.

6 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

I went through a Cusack faze that was actually ended by American Sweethearts... He picks some bad movies, but he's always good no matter how bad the script is he finds a way to still come off well.
My favorite is High Fidelity.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'll probably never get over john cusack. and i'm so jealous that you were in the same room with him.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Mariposatomica said...

did you ever see better off dead? It's one of my favorite flicks w/Cusack.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

dc- the faze comes and goes. but john cusack has been on and off for a while.

cc- it was a defining moment in my life. to be in the presence of John Cusack.

mariposa- i just finished watching Better Off Dead last night. I love that movie too.

10:58 AM  
Blogger sonrisa morena said...

who is john cusack? hehehehehe i'm not really a fan of his...i got to see him once too down by maxwell street.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

sonrisa- how can u not be a fan. he is a total hero of mine. i think it is more the time of when you grew up in. like i watched these movies as a kid. now they are a little lame, but in the middle to late 80's they were cool.

cindylu-again the "Say Anything" and Better of Dead" movies are time pieces. in other words, when you watch them in their time period middle to late 80's they are pushing the envelope. now they are a little lame. "High Fidelity" is awesome. I mean who didn't do a mix tape.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home