Monday, January 02, 2006

It is indeed a new year.

I know it is a little late, but Happy New Years to all!!! I wish everyone an even better year than the last.

I have to say my vacation was quite an adventure. We had some good and some interesting times. I do not want to say they were bad times, because they were not. They were just interesting. For example, I would get really tired at about 9 pm and I would go to sleep around 10. Some relatives interpreted this behavior as me missing my significant other. I would say that is not it at all. I did not protest. I let them all believe what they wanted to believe. Some good lines that came out of this vacation:

"No dejes que ese niño que yo conoci se apague"

"No como crees lo deje en Chicago para que cuide alla y espante las moscas"

"Ahora ya te has graduado de City Boy a paisa!"

"No me quiero bañar aqui. Quiero banarme en el rio!!"

"What do you mean?"

There are more. I just can't think of them right now. I wanted to take so many pictures. I will relate one little story. We were coming back from the Basilica after going to see Juan Diego's Image of the Virgen the Guadalupe. This was a request that my kids proposed of what to do while in Mexico City, D.F. and going to the Pyramids. Well...on the way back we rode el Metro and I was feeling a little poetic. There was this girl riding el metro. She must have been a teenager coming home from work. She was falling asleep. She was cute and she looked so peaceful. I was thinking of taking a picture of her. Mire como son las cosas. I thought people will think I am a weirdo or a pervert or something. Anyway, I was thinking of some lines to compose a poem in my head. I was thinking it would have been nice to have the picture that inspired the poem, but I was too chicken to take the picture. Maybe if I had a picture phone. Oh well once my brain took over the picture and the poem was lost. It was a really nice poem about passion and love. I have tried to recall all the lines, but I can not recall them. I would have at least drawn something to go with the picture, but I had not pen or paper.

It feels good to be back. It feels good to be writting. To have in door plumbing. To not have to pay to use the rest room. To use water freely and not have to conserve it. To be able to take a long and warm shower. I take it that is my queue to go and take a shower. I will return to work tomorrow and everything should be back to normal. I know. It makes me a little sad too. I have to go back to the same routine. Happy New Years!!! Remember to love. Remember to take care of your family. Learn to forgive. You do not need to forget, but at least forgive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

I was on the Metro in Mexico City once... I just remember that everyone was looking at me like I was from another planet... Also, someone called me "rubio" which was weird cause I have brown hair...
glad your back, and it was probably a good call not taking a picture of the girl on the Metro- too bad you forgot the poem.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home