Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Que dia tan helado

Good Morning.
It is a mighty chilly day here in the windy city. I have a hat, gloves, and a trucker vest to keep me warm. I don't think it is working. I am still freezing. I was so cold last night, too. It was one of those moments I wished I could stay under a nice warm thick comforter and never leave my bed. The warmth of the cafe con leche is welcomed by my cold hands. I will drink tea the rest of this day.

Memory: The Vanity.
It was some sort of gathering for a birthday of the family or just a night for the adults. I was my fifth or sixth year of marriage. I was speaking to one of my wife's old high school friend. We were art majors. So...we had been in classes together. We were reliving some of those old boring teachers that would look at us with disgust because we were teenagers. Well...that was Mr. Grace and Mr. Juliano. They never said anything but I could sense it in the way the looked down on us. Well...there was this girl in the class. Her name was A******. I had admired her art and maybe a little more than her art. She was an extraordinary painter with oils and acrylics. Her masterpieces were beautiful. She was also very pretty. I remember she had these little doll shoes that she would wear. I used to love the doll shoes. It made her even more appealing. She had long black, straight hair with her bangs cut a little above the brow.

At any rate, I remember having the conversation with one of my wife's friends. A***** came up about how she used to love my art work. I used to use multi mediums. One of the most popular pieces was a chair. The chair was painted black and white and it also had a bunch of my poetry. I remember that chair. It took me a long time to choose the poems to write on the chair. I really do not remember what my explanation of the piece was or the assignment. All I remember was pouring my heart on this piece. Well...here comes the vanity. My wife's friend (lets call her florida kid) was commenting on what ever happened to that chair. How A***** used to point me out in the halls to Florida Kid. A***** thought I was so talented and so cool. All I heard was A***** was making a big fuss over me. Being that I like this girl a little I was all intrigued and "Please, tell me more". Eventually my brain kicked in and I seized and desisted. Still...it was nice to hear that this girl used to make a big deal over me. Especially since I admired her so much. I would have exchanged the words for the brush strokes.

1 Comments:

Blogger sonrisa morena said...

hay santis...is all i have to say about this post:-)

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home