Monday, November 14, 2005

My kids are something else

My son comes into my room a little bit before I wake up. He wraps his whole body all over me. I pretend to still sleep. It was cute. He eventually gets up and proceeds to wake up his sister. I decide it is time for me to actually wake up. It is about 6:30am. They are busy getting their own breakfast for a change. I see that they are about to serve themselves some pan dulce. I think to my self, "I guess that will be okay". I have some reservation with them getting hopped up on sugar and then going to school. I decide it will be okay. They need the extra boost on a Monday. I proceed to get into the shower. I hate my shower and scream all sorts of obscenities at it in my head while I am taking a shower. The hot water can not decide if it is going to stay hot or if it will shift to extremely cold water. It is my morning routine to yell at the shower in my head and say, "puta madre". Mira este no que muy santito!! I never said I was un santo!! Meanwhile my children decide they will take turns using the bathroom and washing their hands. Taking even more of the stupid hot water. Anyway, I come out of the bathroom to find them with their place mats and food in front of the television. They were about to watch Clifford or whatever they show on channel 11. I look at their plates. My son has a piece of month old Popeye's chicken along with a piece of string cheese wrapped with ham and a bolillo with jelly in it. My daughter had a plate with something similar except una concha con jelly in it instead of the bolillo and a hotdog in her ham and string cheese combo. I yelled at them and felt bad about it. I am glad i got to them before they ate the month old Popeye's chicken. I was so upset. I can laugh about it now. These kids are something else. I made them clean the whole mess up and throw out all the things except the pan dulce con jelly. They had that for breakfast along with milk or juice. Meanwhile I am trying to get their uniforms and my clothes ironed. It was a hectic morning. I got them ready for Mrs. Santiago to get them to school. I still can not believe they were going to eat all that for breakfast.

3 Comments:

Blogger sonrisa morena said...

aaahhh, to be a kid again!!!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

good call on the month old popeye's chicken... probably not the best way to start the day.
if that's the way kids are every morning, there is NO way I'd be able to get them ready for school on time... let alone getting myself ready.
I'd be one of those parents who drops the kids off late wearing old sweatpants and slippers.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

just a tip, from the one person that subscribes to the mag on simplifying (sp?) life (real simple). for a healthier and quicker breakfast, (i know i'm sounding like a commercial) consider hard boiling a carton of eggs in advance--they'll keep in the fridge for a few days. but that's if the kids like it, my hubby (a.k.a my sometimes kid) does not like his eggs this way but it works for me. or you can leave out their bowls and spoons with the cereal the night before. also consider ironing your clothes the night before as well. it makes a world of a difference on hectic mornings. yeah, i know you probably didn't wanna hear all of this but i can get a bit anal retentive about my own domestic duties so i couldn't help but share. :)

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home