Friday, December 09, 2005

I was watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

I was up a little late last night. I was watching Eternal Sunshine. I think this movie has to be one of my all time favorite movies. I remember the feeling watching the movie in the theater on one of those days I was sticking it to the man.

I was supposed to be working. I had a presentation in the evening and so I left my job super early to have enough time to go to the movie and then to my presentation. I used to love my old job. Oh well... you sometimes just have to move on. I remember that this charge for the movie ticket made me go under in my bank account. I had all those fees that the banks charge you for it. I was not even upset about it. I usually get mad at myself for going under. Those bloody bastards (with fist raised in the sky yelling at the banks)!!!

I was so excited because I had watched the preview and said to myself, "I have to so go and watch that movie". Besides the soundtrack sounded really cool. The idea of being able to erase those that have hurt you badly like that is awesome. Given the choice...I do not know if I would take it.

The point was I was trying to make is that I miss that initial encounter stage. The wanting to meet someone new and then you meet them. You are excited to be with them. You want to learn everything you can about them. You send a private investigator to research them. Ok, I was just kidding about that one. I just wanted to make sure you are still with me. I also have to say I really love Kate Winslet in this part. I love the character, too. Clementine. The name in itself sounds magical.

Damn these phones!! They keep ringing. Don't they know I am about to spill my guts out onto the page.

Where was I? Oh yeah...Clementines character is great. I love her spontaneity and her passion for life. I am sure like with everything that may at some point get annoying, but I would love to meet someone with that passion. Hell...I would settle for someone with that haircolor. Damn it!!! I have to go.

To be continued....

6 Comments:

Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

which haircolor....didn't she have a couple in the movie? but orange was the first color she had...on the train, right?
and that is an awesome movie! and i understand what ur saying....many people lose their passion for life as they get older.....many never had it.

and
we missed u at CC's bookstore....but sonrisa filled us in...until next time we have a blogger together.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

dr v. my favorite was the red color. it was nice. goes along with the "i want to dye my hair red thing".

in the beginning on the train, the sweater was orange and blue was the color of her hair.

i was so looking forward to meeting all you cool chicago bloggers. i will definitely be the first one there next time.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh my god, i remember watching the previews to that movie and wanting to watch it but then i forgot the title to it. i'm adding it to the netflix queue.

9:25 PM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

there were too many colors...heh...hard to keep track especially since i haven't seen the film since i saw it at the movie theater.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Santiago said...

cc- i highly recommend it. it is one of those movies you can watch like five or six times and still find something new you missed the first time you watched it. btw, netflix rocks!!!

dr. v- i know she had blue, red, and orange. there may be more. she did change the color a lot. so... you are right. it is hard to keep track of the colors.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Mariposatomica said...

Santiago, this is one of my favorite flicks along with "On Being John Malkovich." It's definately a movie i'd go out and buy.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home