Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Meet me in Montauk

When does the moment occur? The moment you realize that you are in love. Maybe it is an insane obsession? Maybe it is not even love. Maybe Love per say does not exist.

It never really is like in the movies. The hero never walks off into the sunset with the leading lady. Maybe this thing called "LOVE" is a shadow of lust and passion. Can we see it like we see a piece of paper with writing on it? Many different images come to mind that can symbolize love in and iconic format. Damn...I know have the love is cartoons in my head.


I can not believe this little thing breaks my concentration. I can see a picture of a butterfly floating as love. I can see roses as a symbol of love. Those are all things we can touch and feel. So...what does "LOVE" look like. I was to see it. I want to touch it. Am I currently in love? How do I quantify it? How do I measure it? Are we mislead?

I had to get that out. I have been sick for the last couple of days. My throat is killing me. I am sucking halls down like there is no tomorrow. I have no energy and I feel tired. Damn those doctors (except Dr Vodka. ) pushing on me those damn flu shots. I kid you not...I have been more sick since I got that darn flu shot. I was able to dodge it last year, but this year my doctor told me I had to get it. I already hate needles. I was a big boy and got my flu shot and had my blood drawn too.

Update: I am also going to be going to Mexico. Sonrisa is packing me in her belongings. Lets hope I can fit in her carry-on luggage. I'm actually going to go with my uncle D and his family. The kids and I are going to be doing a road trip there with them. We are going to be leaving on Saturday, at 2:00 am in the morning. I am a little nervous. This will be the first time for my kids to go out to Mexico. I am the actual grown-up in charge of my kids. I don't think I have come to terms with this. It should be fun for them. I tend to worry about things sometimes. They may be a little irrational, but nonetheless I still worry. We will do a road trip there and we will be flying back on December 31 and arriving at O'hare sometime around 9. I hope I get home before the bullets start to fly on New Years. Oh yeah, this will also be the first time the kids are going to be on an airplane. This shall be very interesting. I hope I fee better before we leave.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i don't trust flu shots. have fun in mexico.

2:06 PM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

some friendly words of advice:

their first trip to Mexico....so if u don't want them to get sick with a stomach bug....don't let them drink the water without boiling it first or only drink bottled water. Try to avoid food from street vendors especially if u don't know if something is cooked right.

and about flying.....
most airlines allow you to preboard before the other passengers if you are traveling with kids. i don't remember what the age limit is...under 12? if they are older, u'll be out of luck. The one thing i see them complaining about is the ear-popping. the changes in air pressure when you fly cause your ears to pop. Infants especially can find this very uncomfortable and can be fussy/irritable. Older kids might not like the sensation. i read somewhere that chewing gum helps alleviate this. your kids can try that. Since it's the first trip they might just want to look out the window. They can nap. Consider taking a coloring book. Longer flights usually show a movie and some have radio stations. they can always take a CD player or an iPOD.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Mariposatomica said...

Santiago, have a fabulous trip with your kids! Can't wait to here all about your trip. As for love it's all a chemical reaction.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

"Meet me in Montauk..." I love that line, love that movie.
dr.v has great advice, the only thing I would add is that you don't let yourself drink any water either, not just the kids... I was 18 and got very sick in Mexico. I spent 48 hours in a Vera Cruz hotel room where I was convinced I was going to die. not good times... bad times. very bad times.

9:19 AM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

feliz ano nuevo!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

CC- I know what you mean. Flu shots must be evil. I had a good time in Mexico. Thanks.

Dr. V- Thanks for the advice. Everything went well there were no major incidents.

Mariposa- I have to say the trip with the kids was quite an adventure. I will recount the many adventures in the coming days.

DCN- I was going to be brave and drink the water. I did drink it for like a day or two. I had no major incident. All I have to say is I changed my mind and switched to bottled. To be on the safe side. You never know what can happen.

Dr. V- Gracias y a ti tambien.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home