Tuesday, January 17, 2006

must be the grey days

Love has been on my mind for the last couple of weeks. Goals are another item on my list of things that I think about. Both these things have nothing in common. The freshest one on my mind is goals. I am approaching my 30th birthday. I have had many conversations with other soon-to-be-30 people and some of them are freaking out because they have not reached their goals. Some of them are pretty close to reaching their goals and others have already met them. I start to freak out because I have no goals. "Is being able to breathe every day" a good enough goal. I do not know if I should get some goals and get them fast because the 30th is fast approaching. I mean I have other goals like owning a house but I don't see that as a realistic goal before turning 30. Besides I am not a materialistic person. Another goal I have is making sure my kids are fed and that they have a decent life. The outcome for that one will not be in for a long while.

This weekend was nice. I went out on Saturday with Mrs. Santiago. It was a freak accident. The wife was off of work this weekend. The kids abandoned me and the misses. We were in a total panic. What do we do? We are single. Well...only for Saturday. We were out in Skokie and were scrambling for things to do. Did anyone see the moon? It was beautiful. I tried to get pictures, but they did not turn out the way i liked. Anyway, we started going to Chili's, but there were a thousand people waiting for a table. We decide to head over to Lalo's. It turns out that was a better idea. The food was not that great. It was mediocre at best, but they had a mariachi band playing. They came over and played two songs for us. Don't ask me which one's because I could not tell you. She asked for them. I did realize one thing. I do not like being serenaded by a mariachi band. I felt a little ackward. I'm not really sure why that is. It is a really nice to get seranated by a mariachi band, but for me it was a little uncomfortable. What do I do with myself while they are serenating us? The misses closed her eyes and kind of sang. All I could do was smile. A painful smile that hurts longer after they were gone. I love the music though. It was one of the Jose Alfredo Jimenez songs. He is a really great singer and has a ton of songs that have been remade. We had some more drinks and called it a night. I will leave the rest to the imagination. jajajajajaj!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

lalos is so overrated, but they can make a good margarita.

9:23 PM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

hey i saw that Saturday moon...it was GORGEOUS. At one point while driving on Lake Shore Drive, it looked huge and had a nice yellow glow. It sat against the dark blue night sky. Truly Gorgeous ...without a cloud blocking its beauty.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Joel said...

You have captured my feelings on the mariachi serenade perfectly... love the music, but please don't play it in front of my table... "everyone is looking at me, oh god, this is terrible... can they can see my hair is thining? It's just the light that makes it look that way damn it!?! this song is taking forever... they're all looking at me... make it stop, for the love of god make it stop..."
I put it on par with people singing happy birthday to me. I never know what to do or how to react. I usually just stare at the candles with a dumb look on my face.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Mariposatomica said...

When is your birthday? Are you an Aquarian? Think of it this way, 30 is the new 20. We are such a goal driven society. Just live life to the fullest. I would love to have mariachis come and serenade me but not at a restaurant. Imagine if when you and your wife got home they burst out of the bathroom. LOL!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

hector- you are right. there are time when you just cant help but be nostalgic for our lindo Mexico.

CC- you know lalos is overrated and the food depends on where you go, but their margaritas do kick butt.

Dr. V- I am working on some pictures I took of the moon those two nights. I need a more powerful telescopic lens. I hope to post them soon. We shall see. It does not seem to work for me.

Dc- Thanks, I thought I was the only one who panics and feels ackward. It feels good others fail my pain.

Mariposa- My bday is in May. I am a Taurus. We are a goal driven society. I just don't feel as bad as I should for not having any clear goals. Is that wrong? I try to live my life to the fullest within my parameters. Afterall, I do have certain restrictions with a family and all.

Well...I will cut it there. This can be a whole other blogg. I know I am a little long winded. Thanks for playing guys.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home