Friday, June 03, 2005

do we expect too much from people...

i believe we do expect too much from people. we expect them to react more like we want them to react to certain things. everyone states: "I want to be independent", and then they run off to mom, dad, friend, or who ever you feel comfortable with.

where does this come from??? it has come to my attention that i have never been out on my own. i have gone from my parent's house to living with my own family. in other words, this will never happen for me. this experience has been barred from my options. i understand, i have a family, but their is a selfish side of me that wants to be out on my own.

i want to decorate my apartment with simple furniture. i want to put up my own art work or other respected artist from across the world and time. for example, edward hopper, salvador dali, william blake, all those know individuals. i would have a simplistic form of decor. screw all the little knick knacks of recuerdos from chuchitas baptism or from primos rafas kid or some lame ass wedding or special occasion that people seem to want to frame and have it laying all over your apartment. maybe it is my lack of sentiment for bs.

in life there only very few things that are necessary. you know what here is a list of necessary things in an apartment. Inspired by Mariposa Atomica :

  1. sofa
  2. bed (1&2 can be combined based on budget)
  3. table
  4. chairs
  5. plates
  6. utensils
  7. 2 towels (face and body)
  8. bed set (2 or 3 sheets, 2 pillows, comforters or light sheets)
  9. toothbrush
  10. toothpaste
  11. coffee table
  12. television
  13. my computer (almost forgot this one)
  14. tasteful art work or pictures of family

i'm sure i am missing something, but there are some things i do not know how to name or may not want to put out there. hehehehe!!! maybe one day i will need this list or maybe not. it never hurts to be prepared. i know i got off the subject....

well...there is another chapter. i actually have to get back to work. i need to win the lottery. i guess i should really start to play. so many thoughts can't seem to write them all down (in a william shatner type monologue voice). talk to you guys later.

3 Comments:

Blogger sonrisa morena said...

awsome dude...spectacular!!! am i supposed to be shedding tears for you now?..hehehehehe

2:01 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

why you have to be a hater, sonrisa. te he te he te he!!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Mariposatomica said...

I have to agree with you Santiago too many recuerdos from baptisms and goofy knick knacks are annoying. I enjoy throwing stuff out. I have two things in my living room: a tv and a lawn chair...

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home