Thursday, June 16, 2005

Little ones running around like sugar plums...

I was at work and was watching a little boy play outside the reception area. I was reflecting on my kids and how they are the most wonderful things at the age of 2 to about 4. I know people talk about the terrible two's and all that jazz, but really they are unaware. It is the greatest time for me as a parent. They adore everything you do. You can do no wrong in their book. You can be nervous as heck because you do not know what you are doing, but to them you are the hero. You fix everything that is wrong. They ask you they're off the wall questions. It is a great time to be around them. I'm not saying it occurs all the time. It happens once in a great blue moon, but when it does...it can be enlightning.

2 Comments:

Blogger sonrisa morena said...

when i read things like these, it makes me want to have children. i love kids but i know i'm not ready to have any. it would be selfish of me to have a baby knowing i'm not ready. i guess i'll continue to read about parenthood and maybe sometime in the future i'll be the one talking and writing about such things.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you're exactly right. No matter how bad they can misbehave, they can make that 1000 times better by doing the simplest thing. Those moments are truly the best.

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home