Tuesday, August 02, 2005

a new adventure...

previously on Filtro de Santiago...we left our heroes in a panic. Will they survive? Will they overcome this great obstancle? Holy Benedict Arnold (in a sarcastic Robin tone).

Ok. Sorry, I was watching some Batman and Robin on channel 23 with the kids. Today is a special day for my son. It is his birthday. YAY!!! He has been on this crazy ride called life for 8 years now. Pues le fue bien. Fuimos en la mañana a cortarle el pelo. His hair was getting unmanageable (sp?). We went to the post office to send a package back to tower records. Bastards!! I hate when you order something and they send you the completely opposite or not what you are supposed to get. Anyway, we made a quick stop there and then came back to the house. I spoke to mom a couple of times and invited her over to the house for my son's birthday. Mrs. Santiago got upset because I invited her to the movies as well. She has not gone to the movies in a long time. I figured why not have my son enjoy a movie with some of his family. It was Mrs. Santiago, mija, mijo, my cuñado, la amiga de Mrs. Santiago y toda su ranfla de chiquillos y mi mamacita. Que no puedo invitar a mi madre sin que te esponjes?? Bueno se enojo. Tuvo dos trabajos. Uno de enojarse y otro de aplacarse. Yo no me enojo cuando invita a mi cuñado. Hay tiempos que siento que es mi tercer hijo. He is always with us for special occasions. Well... moving on.

We went to go watch Sky High. It was a funny movie. If you have children, then go watch it. Otherwise wait for it to make an appearance at your local Blockbuster. I was sitting there waiting for the movie to start and my mother would not be quiet. I mean she literally talked through the whole preview and part of the beginning of the movie. I should have told her to be quiet. She is going thru a rought time. My brother the youngest has just moved out and the folks are taking it pretty badly. They act like they don't care, but they really do. I do not understand why they don't just talk to each other. It is sad to see them interact. My parents are talking to him and hey just grunts or stays there silent. I think he is imagining or waiting for them to dissappear or something. It breaks my heart. Back to her talking while in the theater. The only problem I have with her talking to me while in the theater is that the information she is relaying is not different. It is the same theme.

mom: maybe me and your dad should move back to mexico. your brother has left and you are on your own with your family (while she is tearing up a little bit).

me: i don't think that is a good idea. what about your medication?

mom: i can see a naturalist and then they can take care of me.

me: i don't know about that. i would not trust them. besides there can be some side effects of the herbs they give you.

mom: hay mijo, todo tiene efectos secundarious.

the movie started and then like 5 mins after it began she asked.

mom: ya esta es la pelicula o todavia es un comercial.

me: no mama ya es la pelicula.

mom: oh okay mijo.

After the movie went home. I forgot to pick up the cake. Went to Sam's for a cake we had ordered the day before. The morons still got it wrong. We ordered a spongebob cake. It was not spongebob at all. It was a dull cake. It was good, but it was not colorful or nothing. Mrs. Santiago ordered pizza and then ate some cake. Three hours later we were at the pool. We played frisbee in the water. Races in the water. It was a great day. I am tired.

I think I am still tired from helping my brother move to his new apartment. We moved all his crap up three flights of stairs. I thought my heart was going to give out on me. This was on monday. Well... I think I will end it here. I could go on forever, but I am really tired. Time to go a la camita. I know ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!! drool, drool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

el naturalista, i swear sometimes it seems that parents believe him more than the real doctor. i'm always pretty suspicious.

10:58 AM  
Blogger sonrisa morena said...

You gotta love moms!!!!!!!!!!!! I know i love mine. I agree with you and cracked chancla...i'm suspicious about naturalistas but try convincing the parents about how there is just something not right with naturalistas.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home