Saturday, July 09, 2005

it's saturday night...

well...it is and I am home alone. no kids no wife and no one to keep me company. it happens. the unexpected moments when you are all alone. there are no responsibilities. i download some music. i drink some tequila withe pepsi one. actually, let me refresh that glass. i'm back. i have just drank three pepsi one's with about 5 to 6 shots of tequila. i know i should stop but i just can't. es mi tiempo para deshogarme de todo lo que tengo adentro. i have not really had a moment to reflect or really just be myself. am i an alcoholic? maybe...i really don't think so. i really need to take care of myself. you see i am a diabetic. i really should not be drinking. i really should be exercising. i should be watching what i eat and not pigging out on sweets and all the arrachera. i love it though. the arrachera. the best meat out there cooked on a grill with some chiles gueros. there really is no point. I am just really typing and spilling me guts out. i have not really been touched by death. i do thank my lucky stars. i have not had to endure that sort of pain. i have only endured the pain of loss of love and being in a relationship that may have died a long time ago. maybe i should stop. i should not go on anymore. it can incriminate a person. i can't bear her cries and her hanging on to a love that is not there.

Billy Corgan rocks. Thanks Dr. Vodka for reminding me of how great this man is. Here is my Billy Corgan Siting. It was 1994. I was a Freshman in HS. I know that is a long time ago. There was this guy named Mike. Mike was a burnout in HS. I thought he was an interesting guy. He loved this group. A group called Smashing Pumpkins. He was raving about this band. I should go see them at the Rose Records that used to be on Belmont and Ashland. I went and to my surprise got a chance to see Smashing Pumpkins when they were promoting their Ghish album. It was the best time of my life. I got to see them play live. Well...it was one of the best times of my life. I got to see Billy Corgan and Darcy play live. I had no money to buy their Ghish album. I really do not remember why. I was a poor mexican boy. I could have had their album autographed by the band. It would have been great. I had the Maldita Vecindad Album Monstrous signed by that band, but I have managed to lose it. I have a lot my great CD's lost. I do not know where they have gone. Well...that is my Billy Corgan and Smashing Pumpkins Story. It is a really nice one. I guess I do have stories. I just need to remember them. You member, member.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mariposatomica said...

Definately take some time for you. Not to be all in your business but take care of yourself. My mom is a diabetic and we are really struggling with it. Everything in moderation for your kids sake.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

thanks for caring. i need someone to be on my back. i have no will power. hahaha.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

my dad has been in denial about having diabetes for two years now. its really frustrating. my mom and my brother have it. i'm so scared of getting it--i try to avoid sweets, i haven't put sugar in my coffee in years. but please do take care of yourself do it for your son and daughter and most importantly for yourself.

8:41 PM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

glad that i can spread the billy corgan love :)

i did get to meet him last october...he seems like such a shy person.

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home