Monday, June 27, 2005

it is the last 15 minutes, but let's see the recap

my weekend started off okay. i went home rushed to a baseball game for my son. talked to a Ecuadorian Gangster on the way there.

Intro: Ecuadorian Gangster - friend from HS. Our minds are so similar it is not even funny. He can be my evil twin with better looks. Okay...moving on.

Mr EG is going to have dinner with Cafe Tacuba. i was hell-bent on hating, but i am not. he is so lucky. i love this band. they have rocked a big part of my life since college.

got to the game watched my son lose his (okay i don't know how many games). bought him his favorite pizza puff and went home. slept.

Intro: my son- Sport Guy. The man who loves all sports. He was playing soccer. He loves golf. He is the complete opposite of me.

awake to a new morning. clean the house a little. call my mom. go to another baseball game at 12. i mean really in this heat. again they lose. head over to my mom's to help with the garage/moving sale. it is very sad :-( the house is almost barren. leave my kids with my mom. very surprised. my daughter does not cry at all as I am leaving. she usually does. i have to wrench my arm from her. this time...i announce,"I'll see you guys, later". La Vieja (otherwise know as Mrs. Santiago) calls me to tell me she is off to work.

Intro: La Vieja - my wife for like 7 going on 8 years. Works the grave yard shift on the weekend. Makes me feel like a single dad. I know I should stop bitching.

Have a couple calls from others asking what I am doing. I make a couple of calls to see if people are ready. Get a call from my son asking where I was going???? Damn!!! I knew I was not scott free. I tell them I am at Local Girl's Party. I need to get inside. My daughter comes on and ask what I am doing. She tells me " Dad, you better not be drinking" She is so concerned. I love that about her. She is only six. I can't believe the comments that come out of this little girl's mouth. She is the most adorable person in the world.

Intro: Daughter - mama. Short for big mama. She was a big baby when she was born. She is more like me. She is the drama queen and the girl who loves art. I really love that about her. She is ten time smarter than I.

to be continued..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home