Wednesday, July 20, 2005

going thru some old pictures.

i was looking at some old pictures of me and the family. i wish i had a scanner. i need to steal my brothers. i think he was giving it away the last time i heard.

side bar: i usually resist taking things from my brother. it has a lot to do with him giving me hand me downs and him being younger than I. i always thought it should be my hand me downs going to him. he batters his thinks and then gives it to people and acts like we should name his first born after him. it could be my pride too. damn u, pride!!!

it made me wish i was back there. i remembered being a kid and living in basements with 3 aunts and uncles to save money because my parents had just come over from mexico and didnt know Chicago too much. my dad had a band called los cuatro aces de guerrero. they would practice in our living room. imagine a band in the picture and a little kid in front singing his heart out. my dad does not play in a band anymore, he doesn't even play anymore. this makes me sad a little. it means there is a certain culture being lost for my kids.

they will not have the closeness of family. i dont think i can explain it. the feeling of kids fighting over toys that dont even belong to them. being crammed into a 2 bedroom with 3 families. we are no longer in those times. we are now living in the age of prosperity. every body has a little something. honestly, we still want more, but we have something. we have our own rooms.

to be continued....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home