Monday, January 30, 2006

Birthday Wishes for all especially for my daughter.

Well bloggers,

It has been a birthday weekend. We began with Mrs. Santiago on Friday. She celebrated at Lalo's in University Village. It was nice. We had a whole bunch of family and friends come out. Well...mostly her friends. My friends decided to ditch me. Argggg!! It is okay. We still had a good time. The princess was having a blast. One of her best friends brought her a birthday crown sporting the good old #30. She danced the night away and had no worries. Took lots of pictures. Although I have to complain about the Lalos service. They really sucked. We had made reservations in advance. Yet they still managed to be short staffed and the waiters took an eternity getting the drinks to us and taking our order was even worse. I got stuck taking the money from all the individuals attending the party and had to deal with people only wanting to pay for the food and drinks. Some people actually skipped out of the bill. The punks at Lalo's did not want to do seperate tabs for those who had no cash. I can continue on for ages, but I digress.

Today is my daughter's birthday. Hooray, hooray!! She has been roaming this Earth for 7 years. It is crazy to think that she has been around that long. I am amazed at how big she is too. We sang her happy birthday this morning and she will be heading over to Chuck E Cheese's for a little party with some of her friends. I took the day off to commemorate her special day. So...I am reporting to you live from my living room. Every year I do this. I like to make it a special day. She is a wonderful little girl. I have a funny story. She lost a tooth yesterday. So we had to scramble for $5 for her tooth that is delivered in exchange for the tooth from the Tooth Fairy. Well...I only had a $10 bill. We went into her room and tried to get change from her piggy bank. Do you believe this little girl had the ziplock bag clutched in her hand. She was not going to let go of her tooth. We had to tell her to leave it alone or the Tooth Fairy won't come and give her the money if she keeps holding the bag. It was too funny. She was holding on to the bag in her sleep like her life depended on it. She is something else. I gotta go. Need to make some preparations. Happy Birthday to my daughter and also Mariposa. I hope all your wishes come true.

6 Comments:

Blogger sonrisa morena said...

happy birthday!!!!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow, five dollars. i remember when one tooth only got a quarter. these are good times to be losing teeth. ;)

8:57 PM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

i would only expect a dollar from the tooth fairy

must be the inflation :)

12:16 AM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

i can't believe that about people skipping out on the bill....everybody is suppose to pitch in for the birthday gal/guy.

and i hate when a place won't do separate tabs.....Bitches, u are going to get paid so what's the problem!!!!

12:18 AM  
Blogger Joel said...

nothing is worse than being the guy who has to organize the bill for a large group, ecspecially when people are trying to skip out... I have friends that are STILL arguing about a bill from Senior Week in Myrtle Beach, in 1998!

very cute story about your daughter and the tooth fairy, and btw I only got a dollar per tooth from that jerk so he owes me... In fact if you're reading this Tooth Fairy, "watch your back!"

11:31 AM  
Blogger Santiago said...

sonrisa- u missed the birthday bash.

cc- i hear that. i never got any money. so, these are good times for her.

dr. v- inflation is a mother. i hear it is 4% every year. that is something else.

you know what...that has always been one of my issues. i always end up giving more than i should. i definitely have to thank some of the few friends that went. they gave more than they should have.

i found out later that they did do a split tab for a group of ours. it pissed me the hell off.

dc- as always thanks for the laugh. maybe you and cc can go and find her and ask for back pay for the missing funds. i vote for dc to hold her while cc kicks her.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home