Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The Many Faces of Santiago

A little something about me that I am working on. This was a result of a conversation with my favorite person in the world me. No...I am just kidding. I am not that vain. I was having this conversation with Sonrisa. Here is what come of it.

I had a dream last night. I was on vacation with some one. The some one is not visible. She has a familiar feel to her. She may be a lover or a friend. We are visiting someone in some warm island. Yet we seem to be taking the train. Well the so called airport looks like a train station. We try to purchase our tickets to get on the train and it is the friend we are visiting. This woman friend of mine is beautiful. I am almost in love with her. She reminds me of a model/actress. I really can’t remember which one. Well…she expresses that it may be cheaper to have an ID that says I am a student. I can get a discount of some sort. I pull out a huge wallet. I ruffle thru the contents and come across many different types of identifications. They all have different faces of me. I find this extremely odd and see a picture of me as a baby. It seems I have kept all my identification that I have gotten all my life. It was strange to say the least. Finally, I find my student identification and pass it to the ticket agent. She reviews it and tells me the numbers do not match. I feel like I am trying to pull a fast one on her. She winks at me and tells me it will be okay. I smile and get my tickets and have a seat. As I sit, then the scene changes. I am driving or walking towards a location that has a lot of traffic. I’m not sure if it is pedestrian traffic or automobile traffic. I see my father and mother along with my aunt and uncle. They are picking me up. The weird part about it is that the scene is half airport and half Mercado in Mexico. This is the part where I wake up.

So…where do I go from here? I had a really interesting conversation about the many faces of Santiago with Sonrisa. Maybe this is what brought on this dream. While thinking about this topic I came up with the idea of presenting it as a Personal Ad in honor of Must Love Dogs (yet another John Cusack movie). I know…give it a rest. Do I know who I am? I have a vague idea of who I am. It is time I try to put this in writing. Let me give this a try.
I am a male that can be described as el sufrido, attention seeker, a stalker (well…I could be), a comedian, lovable, prone to falling in love easily with woman, appreciate different things, eccentric, stubborn, and very critical of people, things and others. I like to take walks in the park. I make myself café con leche at work everyday. I also like routine. I love passion. I like to write poetry. I analyze everything. I am also very sensitive. Maybe I can be referred to as a metro sexual. Although sometimes I do not care what I look like.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

santis, la mujer, creo que she was an archetype of your ideal woman. maybe you were astral travelling with your media naranja. and it sounds like your subconscious was probably just taking a mental inventory of your life--thus the wallet and all the identifications in it.

4:53 PM  
Blogger sonrisa morena said...

wow!!! i like cc interpretation!!! i may go over cc to talk about MY dreams!!! oh yeah great post santis...;-)

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home