Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I'm starting to Hate V Days too.

We went out to Lonestar as planned. It was all good. Until...they tell us that there is a 1hr and 45 min. wait. What? There is a 2 hr. wait. We were all hungry. I was gnawing on my sleeve. This is how hungry I was. My daughter had her heart set on this place. She started to cry. I was like there is no reason why this place has to be packed like it is a Saturday night. I thought of Sonrisa and said Damn this V day. F all these bastards. After about 10- 15 minutess of dramatics in Lone Stars and Applebees parking lot both from my daughter, son, and lets be honest myself, we decide to go to Applebees right next door. It was either Applebees or Old Country Buffet. I would have rather gone to OCB. It was close to the house and they also have steak.

Flashback to a call on the way home. Me franticly trying to call my wife to see what is going on. I call the house three times, no answer. I call her cell phone twice, no answer. Say to myself, "puta madre para que tiene celular!!!" I calm down and decide to listen to my music. By the way, traffic was like at a stand still. I was like come on people. I know it is V-Day, but get your asses home and stay there. Raised fist in the air I say, "Damn these capatalist pigs!!!" Finally the phone rings. It was her. She tells me,"So...where do you want to go?" I was like, "We already have reservations." Okay....I really did not say that because we did not have reservations, but I have always wanted to say that all dramatic. Okay, back to reality. At this point, I know she does not want to go to Lone Star. I tell her that this is her day and she can decide where we go. So...we agree that we will decide when I get home. At home we talk in code, OCB has now come to be known as B. Just B and Lone Star is now the usual place. We also go to a couple of other places and they are named the place around the corner or by central or by whatever street they are at. These kids are too bright and have cracked some of our earlier codes. Anyway, OCB comes out on top. As we we jump in the car on the way to OCB, she then decides to ask the kids. Where do you want to go OCB or LoneStar? I nearly get whiplash as I turn to her. I was pushing for OCB. It would have been cheaper. They also have steak. The kids decide they want Lone Star.

So...we are back at the parking lot of Applebees. My son is like let's just go with such determination like he is driving the car. My daughter is like "Josh, we have to try this place out, okay." with such a serious face. We do another Ok...is it going to be OCB or Applebees after we find out is a 45 minute wait. I am thinking we should just go home or at least OCB. Hell...I'll be happy at McDonalds. After all it is not about me, so I kept this all to myself. We get seated and have our food. The food sucks. Well...it is not up to my standards. Again, I was preparing for some steak. Anyway, thru the whole night I am thinking about Sonrisa's comment about hating Valentine's Day. I guess my point is...she has won me over.

So...bloggers let us unite in a effort to do an anti-V day. Let us to tell our significant others that we really do love them and that they can take their capitalist pig holiday and shove it. Wait...the we love them part to our significant others and the shove it to the capitalistic pigs. I tell you I am so ready for a revolution. There will be riots in the streets. Protestors chanting F#$% V-Day. We don't want your bullshit holiday. Okay sorry about that guys. It got away from me there.

5 Comments:

Blogger sonrisa morena said...

i'm right there with you santis!!!...you know i'm really a loving and caring person but these holidays bring out the worst in me!!!! So i'll even organize the riot, gosh darn it!!!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

sonrisa- i knew i can count on you to turn over cars and start a riot. it will be our civil rights movement to bot be bombarded with punk ass holidays.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Joel said...

I could feel frustration and tension building when you were sitting in traffic and trying to call your wife and she doesnt answer the cell phone! that drives me crazy!
"para que tiene celular!!!"
I find myself saying that all the time... my wife, my sister, my mother. they all do it.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i never answer my phone. i put it away at the bottom of my purse on purpose. i make sure my makeup case and wallet are on top of it and that it will get tangled with my keys so i can never pull it out on time. its even a drag to answer sometimes so i just watch it ring. especially if i know the person on the other end really, really needs or wants to talk to me. :D

8:17 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

DC- Yes, you feel my frustration. You know my mom never used to that and now she seems to be doing it a little more too. Arrrrrrggggggg!!!

Chanclita- I knew it...holy benedict arnolds!!! If I can only figure out who keeps taking all my good CD's. The world will be a better place.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home