Friday, February 03, 2006

SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM!!!!!!!!!

The title was more meant to be heard than read. I have a really good life. It is a little routine and mundane, but it has its moments of excitement. I guess I should explain a little.

It is my morning drive, I am taking the kids to school and start to jam to non other than Fobia. I am rocking out. I call my sister-in-law as I am driving down the 55 and invite her to go to Caribou for some coffee. Turns out she is still at home. There was a great deal of hesitation in calling her. I don't really know why, but there is. She does not go into work until 9. So...she is still at home getting ready. I am about to get off on Roosevelt and Taylor. I go to Caribou anyway and get a cup of mocha cappuccino(sp?).

Who decides to call me while turning onto Halsted? My high school friend Echo G. It is a blast from the past. We start to go over our formality about how we are doing and all that jazz. Once we are done with that he asks me, "Are you alone?" I am and he proceeds to tell me about a mutual friend of ours. I will call her Ella. Ella and I had just gone out a couple days ago. Ella was one of those girls that has not been on my playing field. She is my Salma Hayek in a not so hollywood format. Ella has all the right smiles, the good looks, and great body. The killer thing is she talked to me. We were friends and she sort of kind of even flirted with me. I knew nothing was ever going to come of it. I am totally aware of that for many reasons. I was okay with that. I had made my peace with it. Well...it turns out Echo G had been kind of fooling around with her before he got married. I scream inside. I die a little and play a like it is not affecting me. So...we go into a reliving of what he did with certain people and all his little escapades. I half listen while the wheels are turning in my head. My heart slowly starts to shrivel and lose its power to pump blood. All of a sudden I need a cigarette. Those two had been messing around. I know I was not with Ella, but I had asked her about him. She said they were just friends. Why does this affect me this much?

Well...here is the deal. Echo G has already done this to me with another girl. He did the same thing with Sol. Sol...I took it personal. He really new that I had strong feelings for her. This was before I was married. Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggg!!! It really burns me up. Okay...here is what I am thinking. Good go have your fun. I completely understand you. Ella is beautiful. All I ask is you don't tell me. What I do not know does not hurt me? Well...here is what is playing out. Echo G will travel somewhere for business and Ella has been contacting him. Ella has been thinking about Echo G for some time. In other words, they may end up hooking up. Thousands of explicatives come to mind. I did not need to know any of this information. Echo G go and have your fun. Ella go and have your fun. Why get me mixed into all this. Why does it affect me so much? I really could not tell you. I have danced with Ella and she can move and she is as I mentioned earlier my Salma Hayek. I feel a sort of loss in my heart. I know I would never have had a chance with her. Maybe it is the mix of Echo G and Ella. The thought hurts.

This too shall pass....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home