Monday, February 06, 2006

All Systems are Clear...

Return to your positions. (this is a command given to the Genome Soldiers, once the danger or intruder alert was contained in Metal Gear Solid) Metal Gear was a video game I used to play back in times when I had more time. This last week seemed to be the week that everyone's life went into a bit of chaos. I am all about the chaos, but last friday I had a little bit of a melt down. Proving once again that there is more than corn in Indiana (sorry...I had a brain fart there). Sometimes when I am talking to friends and family my brain seems to insert old commercials or some old saying that a comedian or program may have had. I do not know why that is. Well...at any rate I am regain my scrupples and everything is back to normal. Well...as normal as it can be considering it is me.

I went to church on Saturday. My kids are in catholic school and they have family mass every last saturday at their church. I can not help but think that I am a hypocrite for standing in that church doing the Hail Mary and Our Father and I am not even a catholic. By the way, I am forbidden to take the eucharist by my wife. I am not allowed to take it. I can not stress that enough. I feel terrible that my daughter asks me to go and I have to tell her I have not confessed my sins. I have not gone to confessional. My wife uses that excuse all the time. My daughter used to buy it at first, but she is slowly starting to question that excuse. At what point in time, do I tell my daughter or kids for that matter that I am not catholic. Well...that was a little crisis of conscience.

Well...in other news, I have taken up the torch of making capuccinos. I need to do a little more research on it. Review various recipes and try to come up with my own recipe. I have made two or three cups and so far the misses has enjoyed them. I sometimes wonder if she is telling me the truth. I want her honest opinion. This way I can improve the recipe. So far, this is my recipe: a shot or two of espresso (i may need to purchase new coffee), two tbsp of cocoa, about a cup of milk (lactaid or 2% milk), and a 2 tbsps of sugar. My wife says it is good. She thinks I should get a job at Starbucks. I usually make them for her when she is on her way to work. Again, she works the graveyard shift. So...she needs an extra little kick. I have nothing else to report. I hope all systems are clear in your life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i'm not catholic either. i'm lutheran, that's close enough no? anyhoot, if you feel like taking the wafer, i think its good enough confessing your sins with god--you don't have to physically go to the priest. what ultimately counts is what is in your heart and the only one that really knows that is you know who. february has been a month of meltdowns and chaos--ah, i can't wait for it to end.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

a Metal Gear Solid reference... nice.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

cc- thanks...i feel that way too. it is my relationship with God that deems me good or not. lets hope we finish this feb with no more meltdowns.

dc- thanks. it is an awesome game after all.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home