Thursday, October 11, 2007

The ride home

Ok...I am back. I am not sure how long this will last. I have been dealing with a lot of complex emotions internally. I have been fighting inner demons. Still...I don't want you guys to think am riddled with all these problems and sitting in a corner somewhere rocking back and forth mumbling thing under my breath. It only happened once. I think it was the fish I ate. lol.

Speaking of funny things. I wanted to relay about two conversations I had. One I was walking with a co-worker at a park near our office. Simbah, as he will now be known, was telling me one of his many stories. It began, "This one time I was so fucked up". I began to laugh. He laughed too. We have gone out and hung out at Union a couple of times. Sonrisa has come out and other friends have graced us with their presence. At any rate, I told him, "Dude all your stories begin like that". We laughed again as we were walking. You see the first time we had happy hour after work. It was going to be Sonrisa and I going to Union. I decided to invite Simbah for the ride. He graciously agreed to come out. Well...we got there and began to drink lightly. He on the other hand was catching up. I don't know with who because we had all gotten there at the same time. I am assuming he was catching up with the other patrons that had been there earlier. Mind you, we were not with them. Still he ordered a whiskey and a corona. I mean at the same time. Needless to say, he ended up real fucked up. lol. This man rides his bike to work. It is all good and well, but when you are smashed, dont think so. He was telling me to take him to his bike. I was like, " I am driving you home, man!" He was like no way just point me to my bike I will walk there and then head home on it. lol. It was calamity at its best. He was telling us stories before heading out of Union and having other madness ensue. There was madness. We ended up at Jewel to pick up more liquor and chips. I think. We also went to another girls house to sing kareoke. Well...that was not the intention. *wink* Get your mind out of the gutter. I was thinking for more drinks and conversation. Mal pensados!! Anyway, all his stories began with, "This one time I was so fucked up". It was funny. I guess it is a had to be there moment. In summation, Simbah is a freaking hilarious cat.

I was driving home yesterday. The reason I bring this all up is because I was talking to Sonrisa on my way home. I was trying to convince her to get me an autographed memorabilia from Carlos Zambrano for my son. He is a baseball fan. He was going to be at a book store in Pilsen area yesterday. She lives close by there, but she was on her way to see a Chicago Fire game with Rico. Yes, Sonrisa...his name is Rico. lol. Simbah came up in our conversation. I was telling her about our walk in the park and we relived that day. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, as I was driving Simbah home, he passed out in my car. I have never taken him home before. I did not know where he lived or what his apartment looked like. I just knew the general area where he lived, but no actual address. It was classic as my daughter would say. My daughter is too funny. Sonrisa and I had another SaniSon moment. The hilarious things we say. The things we talk about. They are just crazy. I mean really crazy. You can ask her. I think we would do a good job podcasting or on the radio.

Speaking of podcast, check out Latin Roll's Podcast. It is awesome. Thanks Cindylu for the heads up. I learned I am into indie music. DC thanks for the journal stuff. It reminded me to take out my old one. I have two. I had forgotten about them. It has stories of my kids and sketches and poems and other little thoughts. Scribbles too that I can't decipher, but oh well. Well...there is my story and I am sticking to it. Have a good time in lala land.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

I've never thought about the dangers of biking while drunk before... it's not like with a car where you can just take a guys keys from him and say "you're not driving without these!"

and yes, the fact that he passed out in your car before telling you where to go qualifies as a classic!

great to see you're back.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Santiago said...

DC- Thanks. We shall see how long it lasts. Lets hope it takes.

11:52 AM  
Blogger cindylu said...

I'm scared to bike simply while sober in LA, I can only imagine doing so while I'm drunk. That would be disastrous. Glad you enjoy Latin Roll. I usually skip over their segment with the annoying girls from Venezuela, but they have some good news and interesting interviews with artists.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

Cindylu- I think the annoying girl are hilarious. Granted...i only listen to the show as background noise most of the time. I do love the interviews and the news. They open my ears to new music. Thanks again.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home