Tuesday, December 11, 2007

of being nauseas, going green, and x-mas

Today is my first day back. I took a four day weekend. I asked for Friday and Monday off. I had some things to take care of. I think i will be scheduling some more of these days off. You get two short weeks. It is awesome. I contemplate what it would be like to be a stay at home parent. I would like that. I think I would be a good stay at home parent. The only thing is I need discipline for the house work.

I really hate my place. I really do. I can't wait to get a new home. I would really like that. Even though I pay rent. I have to do most of the repairs. If it were my place, then I can see that. This place is not my own. My wife thinks I should do the repairs. We have had a couple of arguments because of this. Don't get me wrong. I like doing the repairs. It is the principle that bugs me.

I have also been thinking about going green. I want to do all sort of things to make our stay in our planet Earth less of a burden. I asked my wife to jump on board. She was not too crazy about that idea. I need to go to target to to look for some cloth napkins. I hate using all these paper towels. I remember growing up my parents using all sorts of "trapos". There would be torn up shorts, shirts, and other things that we would use to clean. I wonder why that did not translate to my wife from her parents. I am sure they did it too. They used to also use nails to hang up the spatulas, spoons, or other kitchen aids. I guess we always want to go back to what we know. Ok...ttfn.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

I have an uncle who has only worked a combined total of a couple of months his entire life... nothing wrong with him, he's just a lazy bum. For me personally, pride wouldn't let me do that.

But sometimes (like when I go back to work after a vacation), I catch myself thinking "maybe he's right... maybe he's got it all figured out and I'm the idiot for coming to work everyday?"

What I'm trying to say is, sometimes I wish I was a stay at home dad too... only you know, with out the kids part.

as far as the other stuff, I'm a fan of "trapos" but not because I want to go green or anything, just because they work better.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well, maybe she's thinking about the bacteria part. if you get trapos, you need enough and you need to have a laundry plan for them. because what if you do the cross contamination thingy. in other words do it but be careful not to wipe down the kitchen table with the same trapo you wiped up the raw chicken juices from the countertop. you might have to colorcode trapos: some are for napkin use, some are for wiping up countertop and some are for ickier stuff. well, at least that's how its suggested in food and san classes--they really discourage trapos and encourage one use paper towels with sanitizer....i'm rambling now. but my point is, maybe she will be more hip to it if you have a plan on how to handle it, because then she might not feel like you are just creating more work for her...that's usually the only reason i ever resist anything. but going green, i'm realizing usually means a bit more work on my part.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Santiago said...

Joel- I know I would eventually want to go back to work pretty quickly. I feel the need to be in some routine. You know...drive to work thing.

Chanclita-She did apologize for not being supportive the other day. I did think about color coding them. The bathroom would be bathroom trapos and the kitchen ones would be different. We also wash towels like 2 or 3 days out. We could just toss them in the laundry when we wash the towels. I was doing this when my youngest son was born. I was at home for like three months. It seemed to work. It just got lost once I got back to work. I understand where she was coming from too.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home