Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Music does a body good.

I have been in one of those moods. It is not a good mood. Thanks to DC, some friends, and music. I say this because I was so bummed out starting Monday. I put together a playlist of really awesome music. I had some Cafe Tacuba, Pastilla, Panda, Fobia, Los Bunkers, Molotov, and many others. Believe it or not, the music cheered me up.

I am weird in that music like the Cure cheers me up. It is the fact that others experience misery. Maybe I recall a time when I was really happy. At any rate, who is done with their x-mas shopping. I hate this time of year. The endless consumerism and music. bleh!!

3 Comments:

Blogger cindylu said...

I don think it's weird that you feel happy with the Cure. A lot of the songs aren't all that depressing (but I wouldn't recommend listening to Disintegration these days). I feel happy when I hear Morrissey/the Smiths. It reminds me of my friends.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

when I'm down I also gravitate towards depressing music... I remember a period in 2002 when I spent about 6 weeks locking myself in my dark bedroom and listening to "A Long December" over and over while drinking outrageous amount of rum... I can't decide if the music pulled me through or was holding me back.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Santiago said...

Cindylu- I enjoy the Depressing ones. A Letter to Elise. From the Edge of Deep Green Sea. Cut here. I love Morissey. Suedehead.

Joel- I love that song too. Nothing like some Counting Crows. I would switch Rum with Whiskey.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home