Thursday, October 25, 2007

the satisfaction of something new

Never underestimate the feeling of something new. Still...the feeling of this new object eventually fades. The routine of life sets in. The object no longer has the same luster. I think about this for many reasons. I purchased a 55 inch tv. It is nice. I am not complaining. I got it because I had no expenses. Well...it turns out my computer craps out. My ipod was limping by. Well...the ipod has to wait. The computer could not. I had to purchase a computer and a still pay the television. I am dirt poor right now. I paid it off. I have a problem paying interest. Especially since these m-fers are charging 20.9 apr%. I don't know how much it is a month, but it is a lot more than I am willing to pay. I guess I will have to just pay it back to my savings. Boo to me. The point is this. I am stuck with this huge tv. My kids love it. I am okay with it. I could have waited for this purchase. It is not wow-ing me. In my brain, I had visualized me playing my video games (I don't play video games that much). I imagined me watching all these great shows in high definition on television. I hardly watch tv. I think I can also equate this to other things. Anyway, I fixed my ipod. It only cost me $19. I know. It was awesome. Don't want to think anymore. Ok. thanks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

I think I'm going to buy an ipod in the next few weeks... my philips mp3 player is givng me probs so I'm going to finally breakdown and join the ipod crowd... We'll see how long the "something new" feeling will last.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Santiago said...

*cheers heard everywhere* I think you will not be dissapointed. It has been two years and I still love it. I just recently filled it up to capacity. I have had to delete songs to put new ones on. I was going to buy the ipod touch. They are so pretty. Make sure to get a case for it. I still regret not getting one. It will make it last longer.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Joel said...

yeah I've thought about the touch, it looks so damn tempting, but at that price I want more than 16gb... I'm going with the 80gb classic.

What finally got me to switch is the prospect of TV shows for $2 and of course audiofiles! none of the subscription services have books, and ripping a book from CDs is just way too time consuming.

I'll take your advice on the case... I've got a couple possibles in mind- I'm not used to have so many accesory options!

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home