Monday, July 03, 2006

The great day update

Why was today such a hard day to get up? Why do my eyes still scream at me for having them open? I roll into the office to be one of the 5 suckers that forgot to request this day. It would have probably not gotten approved. Someone needs to be at the office. I concede the point with my head.

The weekend was a bore. I was supposed to go to Indiana, but that got cancelled. I was happy about that one. I mean really what is there to do in Indiana. So...instead I do nothing at home. JAJAJAJA!!! I had to laugh at that one. We did a cookout on Saturday. Someone took my grill grate. So...here I have my grill fired up, but not actual grate to cook the meat on. I had to improvise. I used another grill grate that was a very ill fit, but it worked. The damn grate did not even cover the whole grill. It was only covered down the middle and that was a small little strip. It was kind of funny. It turns out my brother-in-law took the grate without asking. I mean I found three different grates strewn about the garage. Why didn't he take those? I am not really mad about it. It was just an annoyance. I can't wait to get my own home. I rent.

Sunday was designated to be the day we go to Taste of Chicago. Guess where we went. Oh yeah...nowhere. I was so sad about that one. I was really upset. We spent it just lounging about the house. I went to the park with the kids. My wife just slept. She apologized in the evening. She said she was sorry for not wanting to go anywhere. I think that made me more mad than anything. I eventually played a semi-baseball game with a plush-ball. It was fun. I played with my son, daughter, and brother-in-law. I still won.

Oh crap...now my office smells like someone farted or decided to rot. It is nasty. This is a great day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

I had to work on monday too, yuck!

and I would have SO been pissed about the grill grate thing. it's the principal of the matter. All he had to do was ask.

6:06 AM  
Blogger neicybelle said...

Sorry your weekend sucked...but time with the kids is always good.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

santis, that does suck. even i had monday off. hehe. and about the grill grate. i would have been more than deeply annoyed. especially once the fire is going and that's the only thing in the way of my carne asada. hopefully your week gets better.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

DC- The nice thing was we got a chance to leave early. The grill grate incident did piss me off. I thought I was overacting. It is the principle of the matter.

Belle- There is always good and bad in my weekend, but the bad are always more interesting. I guess I should report the good too. Otherwise, I sound like the news on Fox. jajajajja!!

Chanclita- Thanks for rubbing it in. jk. I am so absent minded sometimes. I did not even think about that when I opened the grill. It did not dawn on me that it was missing until much later.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home