Friday, July 14, 2006

Volumen Cero among other things

Thanks for worrying about me. I am doing okay. It has been a rough couple of weeks. The Monday before the Holiday, we were released from our bonds of workery. So...it was nice. We went to watch Nacho Libre. I could have waited to watch it on DVD. It was funny. It was a Jack Black funny movie. In otherwords, it was not worth paying all that money to go see it in the theater. Well...after that...the s*#$% hit the fan. The big boss from our office came in and demanded status on our progress. It turns out, the output of our collective efforts was very dismal. So...they have been cracking the whip. This is why I have not been able to blog. Well...for those that care while I was MIA (missing in action). There it is.

I bought some things on-line. I have purchased Estelar. It is Volumen Cero's latest CD. It is great. I just love their lyrics and their guitar riffs. I highly recommend it.

Weird moments in Santis Life. I was biking with the kids around the mid afternoon. There was a car parked out in an empty lot behind a store. We had been just racing back there with my son. It turns out there was a very promiscous couple in that car. Apparently, after my wife passed them up. The girl started giving the guy a blowjob. It looked like a young couple and it was in the middle of the day. My kids were around. It was not cool. Under other circumstance...it would be cool. I mean the guy was getting head. When my kids are around...totally not cool. My son gets interested in couples making out. Trust me at this stage in his life it is not cool.

He has already asked me about the "gay" word. What does it mean? I had given him the dictionary explanation. It means happy. He bought it for one day. He came back several days later and asked me again. "What does gay mean again?" I totally wanted to tell him to shut up and never mention that word again. Obviously I did not. Instead I also told him how the kids would have been using it. I told him that the kids are misusing the word. They are basically using the word as a negative remark. I also told him that it has various meanings. It could mean something is not cool. It could also mean a person that is a boy likes another boy. He just said...Oh okay, that makes sense. I am glad he stopped there. I have not given him the birds and the bees talk. I am not about to talk to him about gay people consumate their relationship. I was spared. Phew!!

Another weird moment, I was coming home and on my way in to the house. A guy just whips it out and starts to pee in the middle of the sidewalk. I had to side step him to get to the house. I am glad I was on the phone with Sonrisa. It was an ackward situation to say the least, but I could ignore him as I am on the phone. It is was just not cool.

Other than that...I have been biking in to work. I have also been peachy. Still thinking about all those other things, but I am really just happy about the place I am in. Life is good. Well...thanks bloggers for stopping by.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

people dont seem to mind doing some very private things right in front of you... what a weird week.

sorry to hear about the work crack down. hope they'll ease up soon so you can get back doing what's really important- blogging!

11:24 AM  
Blogger sonrisa morena said...

your apprehension to talk about gay individuals is what makes people think that being gay is wrong...to each it's own.

anywho, a guy peed while you were talking to me!?! eeeuuwww gross!!

11:46 AM  
Blogger neicybelle said...

wild...it must be the summer heat frying people's brains.

i, too, am sorry about work. isn't it awful how much work affects your moods and your life?

as far as your son is concerned, he's hearing stuff on t.v. or from his friends. he didn't need a detailed description yet. but dad, the talk will have to come someday...

3:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i think you should get a book to talk about the birds and the bees--you better beat his friends to it (don't ya remember how it was when you were his age?)--and maybe get a few pointers from sonrisa on how to explain what gay is. good luck, i'm sure you will be blushing the whole time. hehe.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home