Monday, December 17, 2007

My friend is in Mexico.

She left Friday morning. I am so jealous. I want to be in Mexico. She is cancun. I would much rather be in Monterey or Mexico City DF. There is a lot of good indie spanish rock coming out of those places. I would love to be in that area visiting all the local music scenes. I am sure my day dream is a little romantized, but it would be something cool and interesting.

The kids and I went sledding. It was nice. We really need to buy more cold weather items. We need some long johns. We need some longer coats. I would even go so far as to purchasing a ski mask with gogles. The only thing is that our hills was barely covered with snow. The kids still wanted to go. For once, I actually caved and went with them. Last year we were dissapointed with barely enough snow and it did not even stick. Still...it was nice. Standing at the top of the hill. The night sky ascending putting out the barely lit sun. The laughter of my kids because their father slips on the way up the hill. These are the memories that I hope they remember.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger cindylu said...

Oh, I think your kids will definitely remember their dad slipping on the way up the hill. I remember all the silly things my dad did a lot more than when he was serious and dad-like.

It's been sooo long since I've been sledding. We used to go up to the mountains about once a year and enjoy the snow. Last time I was there a few years ago, there was no snow. Boo.

4:28 PM  
Blogger sonrisa morena said...

i love you kids!!!! i agree with Cindylu...you're kids will totally remember these days.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

I can't remember the last time I went sledding... I might have to use one of my neices as an excuse to go sometime this winter.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Santiago said...

cindylu- i am sure they will. it snowed again. i may be doing some slipping soon. lol.

sonrisa- i love them too!! yay. miss ya.

joel- yes. you can use mine, but the distance may be difficult.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home