Friday, March 27, 2009

Dumping old patterns and adopting new ones.

This has been the topic in my brain. This is my inner speak that takes over my brain and kills anything that I am listening to. I can be super excited about a new U2 album and be really wanting to listen to the album and even throw on my headphones, but then to have my inner brain muddle all the receptors in my brain with a million thoughts. I need to hit the purge button on my current set of coping skills with life and start fresh.

Here is an example. I come home and get bombarded by my kids before i even hang up my coat. (awwwww) I know. I love that part. The wife can be in the middle of showering or trying to get herself ready for work. She can also be in the middle of trying to put together a meal that she decided to put together at the last minute. I hate that part. Either way, I hate those two things. Her getting ready to get to work and leaving me with the three kids. Her preparation of a meal that is half assed.

It is not that I dont love the kids. I do. It is just that they really get on my nerves. lol. They fight all the time. The little one is the easiest one. He just wants his routine. The only difficult part is potty training, but I am getting a handle on it. It is the older ones that are in that stage of preteens, they are 10 and 12. They are always calling each other names. They are always hitting each other. You know how it is. It just drives me nuts. The funny thing is that I yell at them all the time, but they are on me like fly on crap. lol.

The meal part is that she may give me like a piece of chicken that she cooked in a skillet. That is it. No mashed potatoes. No chili sauce. No piece of bread to make it into a sandwich. It just drives me insane.

So...how to switch those patterns of thought for something else.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

just the chicken?

I think I'd have to leave that crap in the skillet, untouched, and unmoved for her to see when she got home. When she asked what happened I'd say something like, "Oh we decided we wanted a real meal so I had to cook something else..."

It would be an asshole move, but I'd get my point across.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

and if someone pulled the 'asshole move' (suggested below by joel), i would respond by cooking fabulous meals for ONE (i.e just for my solo consumption.)indefinitely--that could also get another point across?

i'm guessing, just a thought, that perhaps she thinks she's getting the first half of dinner done and you can handle the sides?

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home