Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Maybe jumping the gun.

I got home and my little one was asleep. I almost jumped for joy. It gives me time to rest. Turns out I did not have that time to rest. Dinner was not done. I had to make it. Doh!! I get up and head to the kitchen. I tell my daughter to turn off the tv. She needs to help me in the kitchen. She grumbles, but turns off the tv and follows me to kitchen.

I look at what I have and see what possibilities exist. I had some arrachera. I had some chicken. There was a very questionable fish and shrimp. I decide to go with the arrachera. I grab an onion and slice it. I use about 3/4 of the onion and throw it in the pan. I add a little olive oil and slice up some green pepper. I sautee them for a second and then start seasoning the arrachera. I slice it into strips and throw it on the pan. I make apparently some fajitas. They were good. My daughter was like this is really good. She is not a fan of red meat. She ate them up. So...I guess it has to be good.

After the meal was done. I start to wash the dishes. She begins telling me," Dad i hear voices." I was like okay. What type of voices? She continues to tell me. It is a man and he is saying, "help me." "Why are you doing this to me?" I begin to freak out a little. I hope it does not show. i tell her to pull up a chair while i finish the dishes. There is a small q and a in regards to the man. I tell her she is safe. I hug her. You are okay. I reassure her. We move over to the living room. She was in tears. She was freaking out. She tells me she has been hearing him since she was 4 yrs old. I am in disbelief. I am not sure whether to believe her or is it part of her imagination. I am thinking she may be talking to the dead. Sort of like a medium. I hesitate to tell her. Eventually she calms down after reassuring her. I finally tell her that she could be talking to a spirit. It is a possibility. I think I may be jumping the gun. You tell me.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

spirits? come on Santis, you can't be serious!

she's a little kid with imagination who probably watched something on TV that got her a little freaked out. I wouldn't worry about it.

the food sounded good though!

5:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

so, have you revisited the topic with her? *intrigued*

11:23 AM  
Blogger Santiago said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

Joel- It was really yummy. I think I am jumping the gun. You never know.

Chanclita- It could be she is just missing her older brother and needs extra attention. No new incidents to report.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home