Monday, May 15, 2006

Weekend Update

I am the big 3-0. It does not feel any different. I did not turn into a pumpkin. Hell did not freeze over. Oh wait that would have been if Alma would have told me of her undying love for me back in the 9th grade. Sorry got my dreams mixed up. I guess let me do the run down. For those of you who are just joining us, I am your host Santiago. I have just turned 30 am married with two kids, a boy and a girl. My wife is (needle scratches on vinyl and goes off record). Hey never mind them, this blog is about me after all.

I am not your typical man. I am very intune with my feminine side and I also love women. I have often said, “I really am a Lesbian inside a man’s body”. I am always falling in love with women. Honestly, I can not get enough of them. I usually am head over heels for those intelligent women that are brilliant, then again I am always head over heels for people that I do not even know. Well…enough said. Let us give you the run down of my weekend as a Tribute to Sonrisa in Weekend Update (tidip tidip tidip). That was my attempt at news flash alert type thing.

Saturday was the big day. I hit the big 3-0. I feel like I have grown. Nah!!! I did have a cookout, even if it was cold and rainy outside. The day was riddled with calls from different “well wishers” and “Happy B-day’s.” I spent the day cleaning my apartment, running errands, setting up the tents, getting my b-day cake, and preparing the coolers. I know my boy, El Poli, said, “what the hell isn’t it your b-day?” Yeah…it is, but I have to pitch in. At about 2:30pm., I crack open a bottle of Heineken. My brother-in-law and I start to put up the circus tent. We were very surprised at our work. Actually, it was more my brother-in-law than me. He climbed up and put up the other tarp. I had already assembled another tent alone. Well…that is not entirely true. My 8 yr old son was quote unquote helping me. Once we were done with the tents, I started the fire in the grill. It took a little bit because all the wood that I was trying to use to start it was wet. I do not like to use the lighter flood. It is like cheating and besides the lighter flood taste then gets into the food. So…I run in to take a shower and come back to start to cook. My uncle and his family got there and was like, “You are not cooking on your birthday”. Yay for me!! I ate and had a little buzz going at this point. This was cool. I got a call from Sonrisa. She cancelled on me. I was very sad, but she was sick. So I had to excuse her. I guess. j/k. Instead a couple of friend from hs came out. The Leo and his cousin came out. Echo and Ella came out. These are the honorable mentions. GQ and his boy Hurricane came out too. GQ came out with a pot of Arroz con Gandulez. El Poli finally came out too at like 10:30. You know people keep saying it was cold. I did not feel a thing. It could have been all the beer and jello shots that I took. It was a good times. Good times!!

Sunday was a bust. I went out with my mother for Mother's Day. We took her to a mexican restaurant. Honestly, I was very sad and a little upset that my wife had to work for my kids school at St Mary's. It is my kids school. They were selling rose's. It was a great idea, but mothers should not be working on their day. It is all part of the fundraising efforts for the school. If any of you guys are interested in helping with any fundraising efforts please e-mail me. We are looking for all sorts of different people to help on committees. It will be painless. I am surprised at how much these parents of the schools do not want to help organize this stuff. Even if it is for the benefit of their children. Oh well...se la vi!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

happy birthday

5:37 AM  
Blogger Santiago said...

Thanks DC.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ooh, cookout. i've been craving some carne asada.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home