Friday, May 05, 2006

Caribou Fridays

I was driving in to work and was getting a little annoyed by traffic by my office. It seems like a lot of people on the road do not know how to drive. Let me not get into the days where there is rain.

At any rate, this Friday is a little special. Being that my salary is not equal to any big time sports athlete like Konerko ranging in the millions to sit, stand, or have a batting average that tells me that he is missing 70% of the time he is up to bat. Sorry...this is by no means a rant about baseball. My point is I have a minute salary that does not afford me making trips to Starbucks or Caribou Cafe on a daily basis or hell even on a weekly basis. So...every 2-3 weeks I pay a visit to Caribou. This is usually on a Friday. It is my little treat to me. It is the "Hell, you made it this whole week without killing anyone" treat to myself.

I am making my trip over there and thinking I am going to be late to work. I shrug my shoulder and think, I don't care. I am always early. I can afford to be late. I pull up behind this Dunking Donut Truck. Of course it is taking 2 lanes and crawling to the intersection that I need to make my turn. I think I wonder if this guy is going to Caribou to get a cup of coffee. Do they get free coffee at Dunkin Donuts? Hmmm!! Things to think about. Well...Happy Friday.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Did you end up being late?

I did my Starbucks "you didn't kill anyomne this week" reward yesterday... it was so good I might be able to make it next week without killing anyone as well!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Santiago said...

DC- I was five minutes late, but it was worth it. I usually get the Mocha Espresso. They all have so many different names for it too.

10:52 AM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

my reward use to be starbucks or caribou (now i'm not near a caribou).

but my new reward is cafe azteca from the cafe that shares spaces with CC's bookstore ;)

that coffee is a real treat
and
so is that CC ...she's a nice pickmeup too after a tough day(s)

and you are right ...people don't know how to drive....those idiots that like to cut u off use to piss me off. i never had a horrible case of road rage. But recently i was susprised how i reacted after someone cut me off when the at the red light changed to green. it upset me but i quickly forgot about. i couldn't really get super angry. the rage wasn't there. i think it's because i've found a new sense of calm in my life in the last 2 years :)

i don't like feeling angry

maybe it is "old age"....but i find that i'm more calmer now....more tranquil inside.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

Dr. V- The Cafe Azteca is the awesome. It takes out any of the Caribou or Starbucks coffees. There is just no match.

I don't think it is old age. At some point you realize that anger gets you nowhere and does not solve anything.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home