Thursday, April 13, 2006

All Systems are Clear...for now.

I went last night to the Food for Less on 31st and Cicero. Who rolls up on their bike? A guy with a sleeveless shirt and his snake skin boots. I had to laugh. I should have taken a photo.

Btw, thanks for all your concerns. I am okay. Sometimes I get a little bummed out with bad news. For example, my sister-in-law got dumped by her boyfriend this weekend. It has not been a good couple of days. Quite "to my surprise with half close eyes things looked even better than when they were open". Sorry...it was a depeche mode lyric that got into my head. I was happy on my way to work. Even yesterday was a good day. I was being productive and also real busy. I was listening to some good music on the way in. I also have discovered a couple of good CD's. Bands like Straylight Run, My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, Julieta Venegas, Sean Paul, and of course the usual suspects. I had my ipod on shuffle and Cafe Tacvba always makes my day. Ojala que Llueva Cafe.

This song reminds me of my youth. Saturdays...my parents would wake us up to this type of music. Bands like Dueto Teloloapan, Las Jilguerillas, and Rigo Tovar would be playing full blast on their phono graph or record player. They also used to play their 8-tracks. Those were some really great times. Even though I hate the music then. I love it now. I need to get some of these albums. Try to hunt them down.

Well...bloggeros. Lets enjoy the rest of the day. Take a walk outside guys. It is nice and sunny. Thanks for tuning in. This is Santiago...signing off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

hey, I have a Straylight Run CD.
"Existentialism on Prom Night" - great song... I'll have to give the whole CD another try though because that's the only song I can remember liking.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home