Monday, May 01, 2006

A Thousand Pardons.

I'm sitting here staring blankly at the page. I had a thousand words to flush out. I need coffee. I need a shot of adrenaline. I need a thousand dollars. I need a thousand praises. Okay that was more for my ego. My weekend was okay. There were some days with overwhelming boredom. Sonrisa knows what I am talking about. I called her while she was at her very kick ass exciting concert. I was extremely bored.

My wife had gone to work and my kids where at a birthday party. This was on Saturday. I had a thousand ideas of where to go and spend the 3 hrs of freedom. CC's Bookstore, who btw can swallow now. hehehehehe!!! No censorship here. Get something to eat. Visit with a couple of friends that I have not seen in a while. Clean the house...nah!! I had already cleaned the living room. This was, I thought, enough for the day. It is one room at a time. Next will be the dining/slash computer room. I could surf the internet!!! No...that was the last thing I wanted to do. I do not know why. It turns out I could have gone with one friend that was out in the middle of the rain and taking public transportation. My kids did not get home until 9.45 pm. They were slated to return at 7pm. In other words, I blew the day bored switching channels. Mind you...I only have public television. I do not have cable. In retrospect, I could have gone upstairs with my in-laws. They do, but I would have felt like a moocher. Instead I let my brain melt and drip out of my ears unto my couch. I felt like such a couch potato. I felt like if I could sink into the couch and become one with the couch, then it would all be okay. I could have gone to my mom's and hung out with her. She spends Saturdays alone unless I take the kids over and visit.

I know I have become lost.
Forgotten in this corner.
A child left alone to his devices.
Searching for the answers.
To all the wrong questions.

A bit of an update. I did go to a Cubs game with my friend on Wednesday. My ipod took a swan dive out of my backpack and is no longer working. Got pissed drunk on Friday with my in-laws. Glad to have you back Joel. Btw, I guess I need to get spanked by Dr V accoring to DCnats/Joel's comment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

dude I LOVE alone time- but just like you said, there is usually nothing to do with that free time- at least nothing you can think of while you're in the moment... yikes about the ipod- but at least it's an excuse to shop for a new one! you just have to some how justify the purchase to yourself- and more importantly mrs. santiago!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home