Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Mucho Solo Quieren Comerse El Pastel

Some Want to Just Eat the Cake

I guess the traslation is not as good. I was talking to a friend of mine. I appear to give out a lot of relationship advice. In addition to getting a lot of confessions, I have one of those faces that people want to tell me unsolicited thing about their personal life. TMI kind of information. Btw, Joel has a great thing about confession at his blog, go give it a read and maybe even post your own confession. Tell him I sent ya. Anyway, I have been thinking about the whole dating scene and how it has changed drastically from when I dated. If you call going out with a few girls here and there as dates. I think we were just friends type stuff. Ok...lets not get off track. The confession usually begins with the female being real excited and extremely happy. For example, this girl named Alice in Wonderland (obviously not her name) met this guy at (of all places a bar) and they really hit it off. They had so much in common and everything was going great the planets were aligning and all that good stuff. All is good in the hood, then she proceeds to tell me that after a couple of dates things turned south. Gee...I wonder why. I left out the part that on the second or third date she was already giving him a little hummer. I am not talking about the car. I mean come on now. Let the brother work for the dessert. Am I just wrong on this one? Do not complain to me about how it went south. You did not let him work it. You made it too easy.

While I dated and conquered, it took me a long time before kissing. It took me forever to get to first base. Hell...my batting average was terrible. I must have been like in the .05735 or something. I hardly ever hit home runs. But like Geoff Blum or something it sure as hell meant something when the play was completed. You got to savor it like wine. Sorry...I need to get back to work. I really needed to get that one of my chest. The topic has been coming up every once in a while. One girl is making the guy work too hard and others are giving it away like it is candy. Is there a middle ground?

4 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

I once dated a girl for like 3 weeks before I even got a kiss... and when I finally got that first kiss I thought I was in love... then like a week after that first kiss we had a date set up and she was supposed to meet me at my apartment and then we'd go to wherever our date was... now normally I would have been in "full court press" mode for a girl coming to my place, but since things had moved SO slow with her, it didn't even occur to me that I might get lucky... anyway, she gets to my place and to my surprise, she had no plans on going to this date- she was ready to close the deal... it was such an anti-climactic thing... I was all prepared to put in a long term effort before anything came of it- and then this! it was like going from crawling to sprinting... don't get me wrong- I ended up knocking it out, but it just felt so wrong, like we had skipped some important steps in the process...
I guess my point is this; ladies, sometimes the guy is willing to put in some work for his reward. not only that, but sometimes they actually WANT you to make them work for it... if you just give yourself away then the guy might not value what you've given him.

7:20 PM  
Blogger sonrisa morena said...

hmmm? interesante si si muy interesante...

you know sometimes us girls just want to get to the piece of cake!!!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Santiago said...

DC- There is nothing wrong with just knocking it out. I do have to say as you mentioned on your comment it is a little anti-climactic. Although I am not going to complain too much either...just for the record.

Sonrisa- it is cool to just get to the cake, but sometimes it is just nice to eat the meal and savor it. i am not against eating dessert before the meal. i was just saying.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm, girls do sometimes exploit boys--sometimes a boy is nothing more than a slice of cake. sometimes she has no interest in being courted, she might play along for kicks but then sock you with it, which might help explain joel's 'anti-climatic' ending. women are not always looking for a relationship. i also find it amusing how women fastforwarding things really seems to burden male sensibilities--and they seem so unforgiving about. although, hummers on a second date? if alice is looking long term--well she should have had more common sense.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home