Monday, May 22, 2006

Stuck with a song and urge to call her...

It is a crazy thing. I am almost contemplating doing a Film Vault Tuesday, but I know I will never get to the caliber of our fearless leader Joel. I am having a Strawberry Margarita and watching Garden State with the kid from scrubs and Natalie Portman. She is totally awesome. Makes me almost want to pop in the VHS of Beautiful Girls. Yes...Dr V. I still have a VCR.This girl is enchanting without being too like hollywood. She is like the girl next door. You get a crush on her because of her spirit and vibrant youth. My favorite scene is when he is being humped by the dog and Natalie Portman (Sam) is just laughing at him while listening to her like old school headphones. He thanks her for helping or her attempt at not really helping him. It is a cute scene. She keeps on talking like there is no tomorrow. He is just sitting there. She tells him that he needs to hear this song by The Shins called New Slang. Pan to her beautiful face and one can not help but fall for her all over again. Have to resist watching this movie all over again. Ok...that was my sad attempt of Film Vault Monday actually. Thanks for playing. Now scram get out of here. jk. I bet your feeling were hurt.

I have this friend that I share a great bond with. I kid you not. Sometimes I think she calls me, but without a phone. This is usually the time I get the urge to call and vice versa. We will call each other and say, "Wow, I was just thinking about you" or "Hey, I was just about to call you." The freaky one was when I pick up the phone and am about to call her and it is her on the line. This has happened about 3-5 times. Well...there is a broken connection. The reason is because I want to call her. I really do, but I am screeching to a halt. I really can not tell you why. I wish I could. Let's hope she is well. If you catch her near you. Tell her I love her.

My Love is a Forest

it is filled with GREEN
vast and clean as we stroll
taking in the beauty

holding hands me and you
hope you are having the best time
let the night come out taking over us

give a chance to the summer breeze
caress our faces with it gentle touch
have the fireflies dance for us tonight

smile to just have you near me
you and i close to nature
like wood sprites in the night

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger neicybelle said...

Any poem about a forest and wood sprites wins my heart! Thanks for sharing!

11:58 AM  
Blogger sonrisa morena said...

oh my santis :-)

2:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i love garden state! and you go call that friend now before she leaves. hurry.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

I'm a leader!!!

you actually get a pass on Film Vault Tuesday- I think you could do it way beter than I have been lately.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

Neicybelle- Winning your heart is a good thing. I will just try not to break it. I will be gentle.

Sonrisa- :o) enough said.

Chancla- Garden State is a good one. I lost my window of opportunity. The moment is gone. I never did call her. She will come back to haunt me. Again!!

DC- Yes, Joel, you have been charged as the leader of the Film Vault Tuesday. No one can do it better than you can. It is cool on the sporadic posting, as long as you keep coming back.

12:58 PM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

very beautiful imagery with this poem....keep it up!

hey i think CC has an event this friday or saturday...she is participating in it too.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Mariposatomica said...

"like wood sprites in the night." Really enjoyed this poem. Thanks for reminding me about the movie. I've been meaning to see it for a while now.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Santiago said...

Dr.V-it is good to see you coming aroung again. i was starting to think i offended you. also, do u think we will ever really meet? just curious. i will see what i can swing on coming to CC's this time around. i have a couple things going on and a wedding to attend. it may not happen, but let see if I can make magic.

Mariposa- your wings have not been flapping around my vecinity. aver cuando vamos al italian place for some martini's.

4:43 PM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

oh, i wasn't offended....just busy....been away from the computer and blogs in the last weeks.

:)

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home