Wednesday, July 26, 2006

You have just enough pain to make you human...

but not enough to drag you down. This line brought to you by Neicybelle and the number 9.

In the last couple of days, I have made a trip to the mall. Gone to the movies (watched Monster House and almost snuck into the Pirates Movie, but there were no more seats) and had tacos from a great little taqueria on Ashland. I did not once fall in love with anyone. Is there something wrong with me? Who knows.

I did take a trip down memory lane. I remember making the trips to the mall to just hang out. It was one of those things that you did to get girls. This obviously was when I was a teenager. I just remember being able to sit there and see all these beaultiful women pass by you. I got a couple of smiles. I know I got rejected too. Those hurt. Overall, it was a time of innocence. The worries in our lives were minor.

Another memory was the holidays like July 4th and summer days we used to go to the theater and pay for one movie and watch movies like all day. I remember making a trip to the bathroom and then going to the next movie screen. On one of these such trips...because there was nothing else to watch...me and my brother watched Steel Magnolias. I know that was real lame, but such is life. Those were the days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i *heart* steel magnolias. well, it helps that i worked on the high school production of the play. you know, 'pink is my signature color'. that you would remember that's a line from the movie is highly unlikely.

7:30 PM  
Blogger sonrisa morena said...

steel magnolias is one of my favorite movies...aaaawwww yes the good old days ;-)

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home