Monday, March 17, 2008

Blast from the past

It is a flashback moment. I am sitting in class. NKOTB girl comes up to me all giggly. I made this for you. Looking back at this moment, I should have known...oh to be young and naive! hehehe.

It was a VHS of a hundred videos of Motley Crew. I just thought it was awesome. It may have been a welcome to the school new kid thing. It was cool. I think that summer I played that video over and over. I did not have cable. I could not watch these videos. Oh the age of cable and being poor before the internet. lol. It was dire straights. lol.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

NKOTB, I haven't thought about them in so long!

I remember when cable first came to my neighborhood and one of my friends was trying to explain it to me and I just couldn't quite wrap my mind around such a fantastical and too good too be true idea... and of course it was too good to be true because my Dad wouldn't get it for us!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Santiago said...

Joel- Unfortunately, my kids stumbled upon my wife's CD of NKOTB. They listen to it every other day. Well...that is until it conveniently got misplaced. lol. They also listen to High School Musical 2 like crazy. I used to love it when they requested music I used to listen to. Bebé, Pastilla and Volumen Cero, indie rock music that I am into. Good times.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home